Friday 4 May 2018

Making the Monster

This is the making of the monster costume that Connie kindly offered to do seeing as she is more arty than me and Leah, this process took about a week to do and consisted of creating the monster mask and the arms and shoes that I would also be wearing in the video. To create the mask as you can see Connie had to paper maché  a plastic mask to create the texture and expression of the monsters face, afterwards she glued in eyes and teeth to create a monster look. The mask itself was very well made and was a good attempt based on our budget and the money we had to spend on it. Evaluating it though I would've liked if the mask itself had some breathing holes or something that I could see out of. The mask itself had no eye holes and nowhere to breathe out of so it was very claustrophobic and I couldn't see out of it at all. This meant that I couldn't see anything when I had the mask on so it made it difficult to act because I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going, the lack of breathing holes meant that it was uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Especially when we had to record in 20 degrees heat. Although it was not very practical it was a very realistic looking mask and portrayed what we wanted it too.




The rest of the materials were used to create the monster were found either in Connie's house or Leah and Connie went charity shopping and found them there. The cost ended up being about £8 each which was very cheap for what we got out of it and what Connie was able to do with it. The teeth Connie already had due to an old project of hers and everything was sourced from different shops and then it was used to create the monster.





No comments:

Post a Comment