Thursday 16 November 2017

New Wave Short Evaluation

My new wave film is just a rough draft, some improvements I could make to the film are that the editing could be smooth and better laid out, by this I mean that the clips of the film and the pictures would be the same size and match up better so that there are no edges. Also to improve I could followed up on my brief and add some sound to the film, this was going to be a poem, this would add depth to my film because sound is an important factor within telling a story, no matter how obscure or unhollywood they are.

The strengths of my new wave brief are that I believe that it is original and has several aspects of it that make it new wave, for example the use of long takes without cutting make it new wave because it goes against the Hollywood way, another example of my film being new wave is the use of overlapping images, the fact that the whole of the film is like this instead of just a section makes it new wave as it is a constant effect instead of using it to create a moment.

What I have learnt from my new wave attempt are some of the conventions and styles of new wave cinema, how they go against typical hollywood structure and narrative, I attempted to recreate this with my own film. You can see evidence of this from the way my new wave is structured, long takes without cutting or jump cuts with shots of the area and the environment. The overlapping of the images with the film behind it is another example of this because it is showing two images at once and is what is considered messy within the hollywood conventional standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment